Sunday, February 7, 2010

Aerie's Introduction for Shauna's YMOY Speech


My mom is Wonder Woman. I haven't found where she parks her Invisible Jet but no mere mortal could do all the things she does. She can create Book-Club Parties out of thin air, she can transform the gospel art kit into Scripture Snack, and her closet is actually Book Divaland. She manages to practice strings and piano with each of us, drive us to music lessons, dance, fencing, drama, activities, and orchestra, do all the other everyday mom things, but somehow still has time to wake each of us up and put us to bed with our own read aloud book. In case you hadn't noticed yet, she really likes books. I think because she is Wonder Woman, she also likes making up activities that start with the same letter. We set goals and talk about how things are going in Monday Mom Meetings, and we cut loose and have fun together during Family Fun Fridays. Coincidence? I think not! One Friday during a Nerf Gun Battle, I actually caught her blocking a bullet with her bracelet. Yep, my mom is definitely Wonder Woman.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

What a clever and witty daughter you have, and very eloquent!